Coming in the February 2006 issue of CARNIVAL
- It is February and time for the annual IISF Trade Show and Extravaganza. Information on the show's schedule and a series of safety workshops that are to be offered on-site are featured.
- Manufacturer's Showcase provides a listing of the IISF Trade Show's hundreds of exhibitors, along with contact information and display space numbers.
- It was unlimited fun for everyone at the 2005 New York State Fair. Over 990,000 visitors streamed through the gates that showcased a variety of concerts, free entertainment, exhibits, attractions, and the James E. Strates Shows' midway.
- At the IAAPA Trade Show and Convention, every visitor could be the Star Attraction. The annual event was in Atlanta Georgia, and featured cavernous halls filled with the latest in products and services geared specifically to the outdoor amusement industry.
- Take a walk Down Memory Lane with Pleasureland Amusements. What do you know about this show?
- North American Midway Entertainment LLC (NAME) continues on its growth path, aided by Mid America Shows and Cumberland Valley Shows.
- Do you remember features the European ride the Super Waltzer?
- February 13-15 the Miami Showmen's Association is sponsoring its second annual Industry Safety Seminar at the group's clubhouse in Fort Lauderdale. The program is designed to meet the needs of those directly involved in the traveling outdoor amusement industry.
- Recognizing a commitment to excellence in their operations, the OABA recently awarded their Circle of Excellence to 21 members of the amusement industry.
- Making a strong charge into their second century is the W. G. Wade Shows. A history of the carnival that started with a Merry-Go-Round taken as collateral is presented.
- Route Snapshots visits the midways of Playland Amusements and Midway Rides of Utica, both of which bring fun zones to many events in New York State.
- In planning for next year, Pack Your Bags lists many of the annual state association meetings and industry-related organization meetings that are slated for the next several months.
- In the Now Booking for 2006 section, check out the carnivals and concessions that may be available for booking your event.
- Looking to buy, looking to sell, looking to hire, or looking for a job - be sure to check out the Classified Ads.
- Also included in this issue are regular features: Midway Talk, Direct From the Lots, Life's Flow, and Modeler's Corner.