Coming in March 2006 CARNIVAL
- The Oklahoma State Fair was OK! Wade Shows provided the midway and with good weather - for the most part - during its 11 day run, the 900,000 visitors rated it a perfect 11.
- The history of Wade Shows continues with its overview of the carnival as it grew during the 1930s and 1940s, and included names like Paul Olson and Rod Link
- Mighty Blue Grass Shows extended their stay at the Head of the Lakes Fair in Wisconsin, turning a six-day event into a ten-day run.
- The 2005 Mid South Fair in Memphis presented a 50-ride midway by both units of Farrow Shows, one of the North American Midway Entertainment carnivals. In addition Libertyland Amusement Park, a permanent on-site facility, offered 20 rides.
- During the Pennsylvania Showmen's annual meeting, Bill Sperry was recognized as that state's "Showman of the Year."
- Down Memory Lane features the carnival midway of Fun Fair Shows, one that promoted itself as "America's Newest Motorized Midway."
- "Do you remember" recalls a game titled the Roman Targets that is making a comeback with several Texas game concessionaires.
- After a change in the bid process for the contract, the North Carolina State Fair has signed a one year deal with a midway provider for the 2006 event.
- Manufacturer's Showcase features the Re-Mix II from AmTech, a new version of the popular Techno Power ride from Tivoli Mfg. Ltd.
- In planning for the year, Pack Your Bags lists a number of state and industry-related events, including safety and organization meetings, slated for the next several months.
- In the Now Booking for 2006 section, check out the carnivals and concessions that may be available for booking your event
- Looking to buy, looking to sell, looking to hire, or looking for a job - be sure to check out the Classified Ads.
- Also included in this issue are regular features: Midway Talk, Direct From the Lots, Life's Flow, and Modeler's Corner