In the April 2006 issue:
- Down Memory Lane offers some midway shots of Bob Hammond Shows, a carnival that was based out of Houston, Texas.
- The annual IISF Trade Show, held in Gibsonton, Florida, offered the outdoor amusement industry the latest in all types of products of services. Exhibitors included ride, game and trailer manufacturers, insurance providers, food and game suppliers, toys, everything needed to run a successful business in this industry.
- The Orange County (California) Fair achieved a new attendance record in 2005, as over one million visitors came to play. They got their thrills on the Ray Cammack midway, which also achieved record-breaking revenue.
- Do you remember features a dark ride called The Executioner that was manufactured by Wisdom Industries.
- Manufacturer's Showcase puts the spotlight on a new one-trailer Expo wheel from Roger Wadkins, who purchased the business from Bob Childress' Expo Wheels LLC. Also, just in time for the 2006 season Gold Medal Products has issued the latest edition of their FUNFOOD Catalog.
- A Chronicle of Wade Shows follows the carnival and its strong growth pattern under the ownership of Frank Zaitshik. Zaitshik learned from others in the business on how to successfully market his show
- The History of Train Shows continues following the Rubin & Cherry Exposition during the 1930s, a time when the carnival was faced with heavy financial problems.
- North American Midway Entertainment LLC (NAME) has partnered with the Mid South Fair to manage and operate the 150-year-old Memphis, Tennessee, event.
- The 102nd edition of the Florida State Fair offered All American Fun with its independent midway as over 15 operators stocked the midway with more than 84 rides and attractions.
- Route Snapshots features scenes from Kansas-based Wagner's Carnival and California's Pacific Coast Shows.
- In planning for the year, Pack Your Bags lists a number of state and industry-related events, including safety and organization meetings, slated for the next several months.
- In the Now Booking for 2006 section, check out the carnivals and concessions that may be available for booking your event
- Looking to buy, looking to sell, looking to hire, or looking for a job - be sure to check out the Classified Ads.
- Also included in this issue are regular features: Midway Talk, Direct From the Lots, and Modeler's Corner