In the May 2006 issue:
- CARNIVAL magazine presents its 2006 Annual Carnival Directory. This invaluable tool is an excellent year 'round resource. There are hundreds of carnivals, large and not so large, that are profiled with contact names, addresses, phone and fax numbers, websites and e-mail addresses, along with other pertinent information. This is a great guide to booking the right sized show for any event.
- West coast-based Funtastic Shows has proven to be an innovative leader for the traveling outdoor amusement industry. The philosophy of one of the show's founders has helped the show reach new heights.
- A one-of-a-kind ride, the Huss Jumping, has a permanent home as part of the ride stable of Funtastic Shows.
- See how carnival rides with a strong English accent vary somewhat from their American counterparts.
- Teamwork played an important role at a Texas date for Alamo Attractions and Crabtree Amusements.
- Ride Development Corporation's portable ride called Krazy Kars is the featured piece in "Do you remember."
- Massachusetts has been busy implementing new regulations that dramatically affect the traveling amusement industry seeking to operate in that state.
- Manufacturer's Showcase spotlights the business of Rides-4-U, Inc. out of New Jersey, and Gold Medal's Sno King snow cone machine.
- The History of Train Shows continues profiling Rubin & Cherry Exposition following the death of show founder Rubin Gruberg.
- Down Memory Lane captures scenes from Johnny's United Shows.
- Texas-based Kenny's Funland Shows and Arizona's Desert Star Attractions are highlighted in Route Snapshots.
- In planning for the year, Pack Your Bags lists a number of state and industry-related events, including safety and organization meetings, slated for the next several months.
- The Now Booking for 2006 section provides the opportunity to check out the carnivals and concessions that may be available for booking your event
- Looking to buy, looking to sell, looking to hire, or looking for a job - be sure to check out the Classified Ads.
- Also included in this issue are regular features: Midway Talk, Direct From the Lots, Life's Flow, and Modeler's Corner