In the August 2006 issue:
- It was a different kind of gold karet that spelled success at the Annual Carrot festival in California where Butler Amusements hosted the midway. The carnival then went on to play the Date Festival in Indio.
- Ingenuity was key for Art Gillette, Castlerock Shows, who devised innovative means to help an installation artist create a display for a museum in Massachusetts, utilizing a number of carnival rides.
- North American Midway Entertainment (N.A.M.E.) is offering the Monster House attraction in conjunction with an animated film of the same name, on several of its midways this season. .
- Tons of Fun Shows had a bit of rough going when flooding over drenched a fairgrounds in Pennsylvania.
- Down Memory Lane features photos of Century 21 Exposition, which claimed to be the "World's Largest Motorized Midway."
- Do you remember profiles the Schiff Roller Coaster. The company promoted it as the most complete roller coaster ever built and both park and portable models were available.
- Manufacturer's Showcase spotlight's Gold Medal Company's new Lock-n-Go handle cotton candy machine, a design geared an easier setup.
- There is a double serving in the Concessions section with two articles on individuals; one who works as a Drown Clown, and the other who manages a Bobo dunk tank.
- Route Snapshots offers photos of two California-based carnivals in action: Schoeppner Shows and Christiansen Amusements.
- The Pack Your Bags section provides a list of a number of state and industry-related events, including safety and organization meetings, slated for the next several months
- Need a place to book, check the On the Road section, which lists the locations and dates for several dozen carnivals
- The Now Booking for 2006 section provides the opportunity to check out the carnivals and concessions that may be available for booking your event
- Check out the new Carnival Exchange section that lists carnivals that need route help and have booking opportunities for rides and concessions
- Looking to buy, looking to sell, be sure to check out the Classified Ads
- Also included in this issue are regular features: Midway Talk, Direct From the Lots, and Life's Flow.