In the September 2006 issue:
- While the name is the same, there is a new Century 21 carnival providing midways primarily in Texas. Under the ownership of Kevin and Alan Exum, the carnival is playing their debut season in 2006.
- "Down Memory Lane" features Smith Wonder Shows, which billed itself as "America's Brightest Midway."
- With over 65 rides, 61 games, and 26 food concessions, Ray Cammack Shows provided the midway thrills at the annual Houston (Texas) Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- Hoopla abounds on the Smokey Mountain Amusements' midway with show owner Billy Clark celebrating 50 years in the outdoor amusement industry. This colorful show owner has been there and done that!
- "The History of Train Shows" follows the World of Mirth Shows in post-war America. Find out what a "hat show" was, and who were some of the unusual individuals who plied their trade on the midway.
- Super-sizing is not new to the traveling outdoor amusement industry, and an example of this is covered in the "Do You Remember" section with the Super Round-Up.
- "Manufacturer's Showcase" puts the spotlight on Eli Bridge's classic ride the Scrambler, and on a new selection from Rides-4-U, SBF-Visa Group's Traffic Jam.
- "A Chronicle of Wade Shows" covers some of the rides that Frank Zaitshik has acquired over the years, including several Eyerly pieces, as well as the start of the carnival's 2006 season in Florida.
- Route Snapshots features photos of Wright's Outdoor Amusements at a date in Texas, and K&B Amusements providing the midway at a festival in California.
- The Pack Your Bags section provides a list of a number of state and industry-related events, including safety and organization meetings, slated for the next several months
- Need a place to book, check the On the Road section, which lists the locations and dates for several dozen carnivals
- The Now Booking for 2006 section provides the opportunity to check out the carnivals and concessions that may be available for booking your event
- Check out the new Carnival Exchange section that lists carnivals that need route help and have booking opportunities for rides and concessions
- Looking to buy, looking to sell, be sure to check out the Classified Ads
- Also included in this issue are regular features: Midway Talk, Direct From the Lots, and Life's Flow.