In the October 2006 issue:
- CARNIVAL magazine offers its 2006 Industry Buyer's Guide, a comprehensive directory listing hundreds of businesses that want to do business with those involved with the traveling outdoor amusement industry. Information includes company name, address, phone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses, and a brief product or service description. The keep-all-year-resource!
- Marketing is a key component of business for the Jules & Beck Combined Shows. The force behind the carnival, Pat Guthrie, has been around since the mid-1960s and uses experience to continue the show's growth path.
- Louisiana-based D'Heilly Rides stays mostly in that state, but make a foray into Texas for the annual Schulenburg Festival.
- The conclusion to the Chronicle of Wade Shows brings the carnival up to current bookings, including its new Florida dates, and some of the personalities that have been involved with the show.
- The History of Train Shows follows the Endy Bros. Shows in the 1940s and some of the midway attractions of the time.
- Do you remember features two Bumper Car buildings that were offered by Export Sales Corporation, one manufactured by Floyd & Baxter, and the Italian import the Pavilion.
- One of the more successful rides appearing on midways this year is the SBF Traffic Jam. View how three American carnival companies have made modifications to the ride.
- Down Memory Lane reviews South Carolina-based Childress Shows.
- Photos of the midway offered by Helm & Sons Amusements of Riverside California are seen in the Route Snapshots.
- The Pack Your Bags section provides a list of a number of state and industry-related events, including safety and organization meetings, slated for the next several months
- Need a place to book, check the On the Road section, which lists the locations and dates for several dozen carnivals throughout October.
- The Now Booking for 2007 section provides the opportunity to check out the carnivals and concessions that may be available for booking your event
- Check out the new Carnival Exchange section that lists carnivals that need route help and have booking opportunities for rides and concessions
- Looking to buy, looking to sell, be sure to check out the Classified Ads
- Also included in this issue are regular features: Midway Talk, Direct From the Lots, and Life's Flow.
- GREAT GIFT IDEA - A SUBSCRIPTION TO CARNIVAL MAGAZINE!
- It comes in everyone's size and color!